Go-karting can be a fun and exciting activity, but it also comes with certain risks. To minimize the risk of injury, it is important to wear proper safety equipment when go-karting. Here are some essential safety items:
- Helmet: A good quality helmet is essential for go-karting. It should be snug and secure on your head, with no wobbling or sliding around. The helmet should also be DOT (Department of Transportation) or Snell certified for safety. With a Visor.
- Rib Protector
- Gloves: Gloves can provide protection and improve grip on the steering wheel.
- Racing suit: A racing suit or other protective clothing can help to reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accident. These suits are typically made of fire-resistant materials and provide added padding in areas such as the knees and elbows.
- Closed-toe shoes: Closed-toe shoes are essential for go-karting. They should provide good grip on the pedals and be comfortable for driving.
- Neck brace: A neck brace can provide added support and help to prevent neck injuries in the event of an accident.
It is important to note that safety equipment should always be properly fitted and maintained to ensure maximum effectiveness. It is also important to follow all safety rules and guidelines at the track, including staying within the designated boundaries and obeying all traffic signals and flags.
Watch our Karting Minute about Safety Gear for more info – https://youtu.be/ZVeITZCszkw